Saturday 9 February 2013

Perfume

I don't own many perfumes. Two, to be precise. But nonetheless I thought I would show you them. I am no expert on perfumes and all I know I have learnt off my Mum who has a very extensive collection. However, I am a very 'pick it and stick with it' kinda gal when it comes to perfume and the two scents I have are two that i'm sure i will re-purchase should me and my sparing ways ever drain them.


As you can see they are Daisy and Dot by Marc Jacobs. I love, love, love the bottles and I know its shallow but that is a major part in perfumes. I'm not saying anything against classy bottles of Chanel which I also adore, but for me this extravagance bordering on tackiness is great!


Daisy


So, I thought i would look up the notes in this but to be honest I don't personally find them that helpful. Apparently this has notes of strawberries and violets. However like most people until I read about them I wouldn't have said that there were strawberries in there. I would describe it as extremely fresh and floral but a very unique floral scent. It reminds me of grass which sort of makes sense considering that's where you
 find daisies. It makes me feel like I am wearing a cotton dress and walking barefoot through a sunny field.




Dot



Dot is a lot sweeter and stronger than Daisy. It is something that I would probably wear more on a night out or in the Autumn. That said it is still a very fresh scent and could be worn any time. The notes in this one are quite wacky ranging from dragon fruit to vanilla. One scent that I think you can really smell is Orange blossom. Well, I say that but I just think it smells like orange.


Hope you enjoyed the post or at least found it a little bit helpful in some way. xx
  • 7 comments:

    1. i'm the same way with my perfume!
      it's so hard to get started on a new one when you're so in love with the ones you use.

      daisy is amazing :)
      x

      ReplyDelete
    2. I still don't own these perfumes, what's wrong with me?!

      www.thumbelinalillie.com
      Megan xxx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Really love this:)

      Just stopped by your blog!
      Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

      Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

      Love,

      Janice
      the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love perfumes with cute bottles xx

      mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    5. I like Dot, though I've only smelled it from a magazine. Making me a loser, but oh well.

      Oh, and I'm following you. :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love Dot and Daisy plus the packaging for both is so cute (I am such a sucker for packaging) We have just started following your blog and love it! Maybe you would like to check us out and follow back?
      www.ourlondonwardrobe.com
      xx

      ReplyDelete